Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thanks, Inger!

This past weekend we went to visit Roy's grandparents. We returned home tonight and when we pulled into our driveway, I saw a nice package sitting on our front porch. I knew instantly that it was from Inger, my Valentine's Blog Swapper!! The kids were just as excited as I was and Caroline couldn't get out of the car fast enough to go get it... and she could not wait to open it. Caroline now likes to strike a pose when I take the camera out:






Of course, Inger did not disappoint! She had little prizes for EVERYONE in our family! Everything was packaged so cute and so "Inger", too!! I wish I could have captured Roy Austin and Caroline's squeals when they saw their prizes. RoyBoy got a nice Bible book and some John Deere stickers. He LOVES John Deere, Inger. Or as he says, "John Dee'ah":






She put some cute Valentine's hand towels (one with a "G") and an adorable glass canister with a "G" etched on it FULL of Valentine M&Ms. Um, I actually was proud of myself for not buying or eating any Valentine's candy so far. Let me just say that I have now had a few. Who am I kidding? A few? How about a FEW handfuls!



She also included some of Scott's honey. Now, honey and M&M's are two of Roy's favorite things, so he was happy:


Since we had just returned home, we made breakfast for dinner and we tried out that honey. And let me just say that Mr. Luff can make some honey! California honey is yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

Inger also included a cute brown apron for me that says "Donna" on the front and Caroline got one with her name, too! These will definitely come in handy, Inger!

Sweet Charlotte even got in on the action. Look at this cute shirt for our cute girl! (By the way, this is her favorite toy in the world. She will lay here forever and stare and laugh at her "friends").

And last but not least, Inger sent one of her signature banners. I didn't have a Valentine's one, so this "Be Mine" banner is perfect for across our mantle!!
Thank you, SO much, Inger! You are always so thoughtful and kind with your gifts. All of us Grahams appreciate it:) Bring on Valentine's Day....we're ready!

12 comments:

Denise said...

What a nice surprise after a long weekend and long drive! I love everything. The aprons are super nice! Love the glass candy dish thing! And honey---very cool!

LOVE the picture of Roy! SO funny.

That Inger! She always does so well with swaps!

Janis Reber said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! To the gift giver, Inger!!! You did a great job!!! Love the pictures, too. Miss you all so much!!!

Unknown said...

That 1st pic of the Budster is PRESH!!!!! And the apron pic of him cracks me up. I think he has apron envy. Inger, that was all so nice and thoughtful! I didn't know Scott made honey. WOW. don't tell Max. He'll be envious but one prob...he's allergic to bees!GREAT JOB! Donna was one lucky ducky for you to draw her name. :)

Dolly said...

Nice gifts! I love the aprons too and the class jar. I wish I could see the items a little closer. Very sweet to include the kids and Roy too! Even little Charlotte got something. Very thoughtful! GOod job Inger!!!

Momofgirls said...

I'm SO glad the jar made it! I just learned how to do the etching, let me tell you...easy peasy! (I'll do a post on it soon...makes GREAT teacher gifts!!)
and for the record, Scott doesn't make that honey...HIS BEES DO! And boy do they protect it! He has the bee stings to prove it! He will be glad you liked it, it's his pride and joy!! haha!

Nikki said...

I am LOL at HPS saying Roy Boy had apron envy! Ha!

Those are some gooood gifts and lots of them. That Inger, she always remembers everyone in the family. Love, love, love the matching aprons and the banner.

I think I said this already in your previous post, but your kids are getting so big. Especially Caroline. Love her pose.

Glenda said...

How nice is all that! Love Roys face.
Love ya.

Glenda said...

How nice is all that! Love Roys face.
Love ya.

Pam said...

Donna, what cute stuff!! I love the aprons and the Valentine banner. Does she make these or just found them somewhere - banner and the aprons with names embroidered? Very creative gifts! What fun to have found these on your doorstep when you got back home from the weekend!!

Happy Four said...

Everything is fabulous. Love the photographs of you all modeling your stash!

Angela Richardson said...

AWh, matching mother/daughter aprons! I can't even handle it! Thats darling. I'm impressed the glass didn't break in the mail. sounds like I need to try the "Scott's" honey. I'm intrigued. Wesley had one of those mobile things that he layed under on the ground and he would stare at it all day too. One day, Paul was like.."is he just laying there getting dumb or does that actually help him?" It helps them! Her little mind is going a mile a minute. She's so cute Donna!

Jennifer said...

OH MY WORD! Inger, your husband makes honey and you etch glass?!?! Seriously, you guys are amazing!

Donna, you hit the jackpot with your gift. I love the aprons! Inger is always so sweet to remember everyone in the family, isn't she? And sweet Charlotte...love her new shirt. Is she really the perfect baby or what? Does she ever cry or give you a hard time? So sweet.

Good job, Inger! Once again you did not dissappoint!