Friday, February 6, 2009

My Day Just Got Rosier!!

Last night we got home around 10:00 from a quick trip to Boone (post to come). I was so tired and as we pulled into the driveway, I was getting geared up to carry the kids in the house and put them to bed. Then the headlights hit a big box on our front porch. I instantly woke up and got so excited because I knew the box was for ME and it was my swap gift from Rose!!! I hurried and put Roy Austin to bed and then quickly opened up my loot as Roy and Caroline watched.

Let's just say that when I said "big box" I wasn't kidding:

Inside was a beautifully wrapped present with a case of mints and lipgloss on top and some little prizes for my children:

Inside that box, I saw this:

Thank you, Rose, I WILL have a wonderful V-Day!

Here is what I got:

A red apron with a pink "D" on it, some hot tea (I love hot tea!), and a yummy cranberry orange bread mix that I will be making for my family this Saturday morning. Oh, and the best part...a new SPANKING SPOON!! Yes, I keep miniature spatulas (like the green one connected to the bread mix) in my purse in case of an emergency. This is what Caroline thought of that:

Oh, and Caroline LOVED her prize. She couldn't believe that she got something. I told her that it was from my friend, Miss Rose, and she said "yes, I know Rose. She's like Sleeping Beauty". I think she was thinking of Briar Rose and I think she actually thinks that Sleeping Beauty sent her a gift:)


My children got some V-Day fruit rollups and a little flower growing kit from Rose. I think our little Rosie went above and beyond her $15 limit!!! Rose, I loved getting the gifts. They are all great and perfect for me! They are all things I would have bought for our home and I truly appreciate your kindness. You definitely made my day rosier:) THANK YOU!!

13 comments:

Janis Reber said...

Rose, you did good!!!! I love that apron, and knowing Donna, she'll use that bread mix right away. That girl loves to cook and bake....and she's excellent at it, as well.

I have YOU for my blog swap, Rose. Hopefully you'll get your gift today...tomorrow at the latest, as I sent it priority mail on Wednesday. Have a good day.

Denise said...

LOVE your post title! Very creative!

And Rose, you did gooood. That gift is right up Donna's alley!

I love seeing all the red and pink in everyone's gifts!

Oh and Donna you are too funny to talk about the spanking spoon in your post!

Jennifer said...

Great gifts...Rose, way to really think of Donna's interests (baking, drinking tea, spanking)! Oh, and the good thing is, Donna, all of your sister's can borrow the apron!

Dolly said...

That's right Jennifer...Donna, if you ever get tired of that apron you can regift it to me. :)

Love the title and the gift. For your first blog swap you did great Rose! Good job!

I love Caroline's face with the "spanking spoon" in hand. It's like she's nervous to be holding it. hahahaah!

Dayna said...

Great gift!! All these swaps are great. Love the picture of Caroline too with the spoon in her hand. She really looks like you Donna in that picture.

You can regift the apron here too...although it will get more use at your house I'm sure!!

Angela said...

Nice job Rose! Love it all! Thanks for the tip, Donna, on how to use and where to keep the spatula. It will be great for the car when you have to reach behind you and just hope you make contact with a leg and not the carseat.

Rose said...

Oh good! I am glad you got it. Sorry the apron was so wrinkled up but i really had to throw it in the box and ship it. It was a crazy day! I am glad you like the bread mix it looked so yummy! I have a special spoon I keep in the car and his name is MR.SAD. Glad you could use another. Just get a permanent marker and draw a sad face on it. It works wonders.... but it just doesn't keep Brody out of the toilet...hmmmm...
Have a wonderful Valentines day! It is one of my favorite "holidays" so I am glad I could be a part of it. Thanks! oh and I love the title you are so clever..lol ~Rosey

Kristi Smalley said...

Did you pay Caroline to smile while she held up the spoon that will soon spank her bottom? Ha!

This was a great gift, Rose! Good job!

Nikki said...

The picture of Caroline with the spoon is HILARIOUS.

What nice gifts. I love the apron.

Suzanne said...

Love the gifts. the apron is very nice. Love the red color and monogram.

Cissie said...

I don't know rose, but bravo rose! Nice job, that is all Donna!

The picture of Caroline holding up the spatula cracks me up!

Momofgirls said...

Yay for Rose...welcome to swaps! You did great! Love the apron too, Nikki had me in a previous swap and I have a monogrammed apron too..and boy do I feel special wearing it!

Glad you joined in! Enjoy your goodies,Donna!

Unknown said...

How did I miss this one? Great 1st swap gift Rose! You'll love all of that, Donnie and Carol's pic is a HOOT!