Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thank You, Amy!

Yesterday I saw the UPS man drop a big box on my doorstep and I got so excited! I quickly saw that it was my Christmas Blog Swap gift from Amy! There is nothing like getting a surprise package in the mail for yourself! Caroline helped me open it and we both "oohed" and "ahhed" over each item.

What you see is:
-a bag of chocolate covered pretzels with a $5 gift card to Starbucks to enjoy something to go along with the pretzels. I love a little pick-me-up at Starbucks and we are already enjoying the pretzels (without the drink!).

-little Christmas tree magnets! Caroline LOVES these and has enjoyed playing with these already:)

-a Santa candle holder with little Christmas tree candles to go in it.

-a "Letters for Santa" ornament. I think your children are supposed to put letters for Santa in it and they disappear in the morning? That's what I'm going to do with it, anyways!!
Thank you, Amy! The little card was cute that you sent, too. Oh, and it was packaged very nicely!

14 comments:

Amy said...

You're welcome, Donna! Glad you liked everything. It was fun to shop for you. Yes, the ornament is for the kiddos to write to Santa. I had to get myself one of those too:). Merry Christmas!

The Jones' said...

Good job Amy!! Your gifts were so festive, loved the santa letters (you know me and Santas!)!!

Suzanne said...

Good stuff. The ornament for the kids to write to Santa was for sure my favorite. Amy- you have great taste!
I just mailed mine out. Merritt, it is on it's way - as of yesterday morning:)

Denise said...

Oh, I love the magnets! I need those for my kitchen!

Cute gift Amy. And so timely too!

Happy Four said...

Donna, what great surprises you got in the mail. Everything is great!

Janis Reber said...

Wonderful job, Amy!!! Looks like everyone is on the ball except for me.....and by the way, Amy, I HAVE YOU!! I was down in Florida with Denise and her family for Thanksgiving and the birth of little Janie, then when I got home, I had one day to do lots and lots of things....mostly desk work/paying bills, etc....then I had to go to Delaware for a couple days. Dolly, Leland, Michael and I got back last night, and now I can FINALLY concentrate on my Christmas stuff. So Amy, you are first priority tomorrow. I already have something for you, but I need to get the rest of it and get it sent off tomorrow. And Karen....I really love the bag you got for me!! I'm going to have Dolly blog about it as soon as I get a picture of myself using it. And I did use it....right away....on my trip to Delaware. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness....I love it!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Jennifer said...

Cute, cute, gifts! I love the Christmas tree magnets - adorable!

Karen said...

Great gifts!

Karen said...

Oh, I missed your comment, Jan--thanks, Donna, for telling me about it. I am so glad you liked your gift. I told Donna I was intimidated buying for such a sophisticated lady. :o) Merry Christmas!!

Amy said...

No problem, Mrs. Reber! You are one busy lady...take your time!

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

Great gifts! I to am glad for the kid gifts being included in some of these. Starbucks is a nice treat for me too. A friend of mine just brought by a raspberry mocha (iced as always) for me to enjoy. LOVE it!

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm....chocolate covered pretzels. What a cool gift! Good job Amy!

Angela Richardson said...

NO WAY! Is your elf named Jingles? WE JUST GOT OUR ELF from Granny (Paul's mom) today and we named him "Jingles". Doo-doo-doo-doo (said in a song).

I love your list! You are SUCH a tradition girl. Your kids will have the best stories to tell to all their classmates. Good post Donna!

Oh, and we've already started manipulating Will. Jingles is watching to see if you eat all your dinner. We just caught Will in the living room talking to Jingles..."Jingles, you may not know this, but Christmas is actually about Jesus." Then he told him the entire Christmas story. Awh, sniff sniff.

timandmichelle (timandshelly) said...

Ah, Starbucks...you can't go wrong there. And the magnets, what a great idea! Good gifting!